Pages

Pages

Thursday 26 January 2017

Sally Hansen Pacific Blue + Essie Shine of the Times



So... I actually managed to edit and schedule three weeks' worth of posts during the holidays... But then I got lazy with blogging since everything was scheduled... And then I got an annoying cold and just wanted to sleep so now I'm back to having a backlog of pictures I need to edit and posts I need to write and nothing written in advance :( Hopefully I will have some time to do posts this weekend... I'm planning on staying home and relaxing and getting rid of this last bit of my cold!

My middle finger nail broke too so please excuse it being a bit shorter!

I started with two coats of Sally Hansen Pacific Blue as my base. I went out and bought this back when Sally Hansen completely changed the color but kept the name. I hadn't really heard much about this polish before that, and wanted to try it after seeing how dearly some people loved it. It is a nice cobalt blue, slightly dusty but I didn't think it was that amazing... Not something I would personally stockpile anyway. The formula was creamy and easy to control... not outstanding just good. I didn't find it to be a one coater like other people have said. I also don't find the color that unique.



Then I added one coat of Essie Shine of the Times. It was a bit hard to capture the shift... the flakies were gorgeous in real life!

And because I've been making everything matte these days...


with Deborah Lippman Flat Top matte top coat

What do you think of this mani? Have you tried Pacific Blue? Do you prefer the flakies glossy or matte?

13 comments:

  1. I own Sally Hansen Pacific Blue and quite like it myself. Love how it looks with Essie Shine of the Times on top of it. It looks so good glossy and matte too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. How pretty this topper! I like the version with matte top coat!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Yeah it's quite a pretty topper... I need to wear it more often haha

      Delete
  3. Really cute combo, like that sparkle with the blue base!

    ReplyDelete
  4. love the blue shade. I liked the the golden topper with matte more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohhh I love shine of the times so much! It is so beautiful, shiny and matte! I wish I would own this one, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nicole! It's a really nice flakie... I would recommend it if you can find it!

      Delete
  6. I was never able to find the original Pacific Blue so I have the new reformulated one and I don't really like it that much. The flakie topper you added is beautiful! Going to keep my eye out for this one for sure!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I managed to find the original in a drugstore a few weeks after its discontinuation was all over nail blogs :) yeah I heard the reformulated one isn't very good :( and yes definitely get the flakie if you have the chance!

      Delete
  7. Gorgeous mani :-D Nice combo :-D

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric