Pages

Pages

Tuesday 31 January 2017

Beige with Black Splatter



Today's Twinsie Tuesday theme is "Inspired by Art." I'm not very good at freehand so I decided to try and re-create this circular splatter art by Corbin Henry


I started with two coats of Emperor's New Clothes from the Deborah Lippmann Her Majesty Holiday 2016 collection. This is a 9 piece collection that only came in minis I believe. I only have 2 unfortunately (re-gifted from a friend but I never say no to free polish!)

Formula and coverage were pretty good. You can see a bit of my nail line on my ring and pinky but this wasn't noticeable in real life. The mini brush was better than I was expecting! This shade is a bit too dark for my skin tone though so I'll probably only use this as a base for nail art. Shown here without top coat.



To mimic this look, I tried the sugar spun technique (basically put a few drops of polish out, wait for it to start to dry and thicken, and then stretch the strings of polish across the nails) but instead of stretching the strings horizontally across the nails I tried to go in circles. I think my thumb turned out a lot better than my other nails. I guess maybe I should have let it dry longer? I left this without top coat to maintain the texture. EDIT: I forgot to mention, black is Avon Rapid Black






21 comments:

  1. The design is pretty neat looking!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never done a true splatter :) Nice :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! This isn't a true splatter either... I used the sugar spun technique :)

      Delete
  3. Interesting technique! I haven't heard of it before, but it sounds like it would be really fun to play around with- and also pretty tricky!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rachelle! Yeah I'll definitely give it a try again it was fun :)

      Delete
  4. It's a modern art mani in my opinion that came out fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've never done a sugar spun mani before :D but I imagine it to be fun playing around with the polish :-p

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe it is! I'll probably do more in different colors :)

      Delete
  6. I agree with Andrea, it is a modern mani, and it makes me also think to chocolate!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'll try a chocolate one for valentine's :)

      Delete
  7. this reminds me of chocolate :) I haven't tried this technique yet :) but your bold and fun :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I think I'll try a chocolate design next :)

      Delete
  8. This looks so awesome! I've never been able to master the sugar spun method. Yours looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I was struggling with it too at first... Try quick dry nail polishes, put out a bigger blob of polish, and maybe wait a bit longer and keep stirring :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric