Pages

Pages

Friday 8 August 2014

Roxy Inspired Nails for Nail Polish Canada's Summer Nail Art Challenge



This mani is inspired by some really old Roxy board shorts that I'm pretty sure I gave away ages ago. I just thought of it when I saw this stamping image so I decided to do this mani inspired by those shorts even though the flowers are slightly different. Back when I was 16 EVERYTHING I had was pink. Now I don't even really like it because I just feel like it's sooo girly lol

Anyway this is my entry for Nail Polish Canada's Summer Nail Art Challenge. Please vote for me here if you like my mani :)

What I used:
Color Club - Flamingo (2-3 coats)
Sally Hansen - Whirlwind White
Pueen SE02A from the Encore set


Also.... can someone please please help me with Photoshop?? I've been using it forever to do my curved watermark and it suddently just stopped working :( I draw the curved path with my pen tool and then click over the path with my text tool to type along the path... except for some reason it will only let me get one or two letters in....??? You can see at the right side the text has registered as the label of the text changes.... but that little dot along the path seems to be stopping any more letters from appearing... and I can't figure out how to move it or get rid of it.... I'm pretty terrible with computers though... I would be extremely grateful for any help!

13 comments:

  1. These are cute! I know when I was really young, I used to love the color pink. Now, not so much, lol. No idea on the Photoshop issue but hopefully someone else can help you out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Lisa! haha I guess we all had a pink phase? I've received a few suggestions but nothing has worked so far :(

      Delete
  2. That is very girly and sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. the color just so sweet and so darling. I'm so loving it!! <3 but can't help you about the photoshop. hope someone will help you

    ReplyDelete
  4. These nails are cute! I like that pink and white combo! I now wondering about the shorts lol. :-)

    I'm not sure about the curved watermark - did you try google? I've just done it and seen a few tutorials by bloggers!

    I voted for you, but I had to type your url into the 'other' field as you weren't available in the drop down menu!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Ananka! I watched some tutorials too but mine isn't working the same way that it does in the tutorials lol.... thanks for voting for me! I realized after that I messed up... I was supposed to register before I put my URL in... oopsie! :(

      Delete
  5. What beautiful manicure. I love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your mani's so cute! I love the tropical flowers and the pink/white color combination. :) I don't know how to do curved watermark, so I can't help with photoshop. But hope you figure it out soon!

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
  7. Photoshop is beyond me, sorry. I think I'm doing well when I manage to rotate text in a straight line so it's not covering up my nails. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha it's okay Karen it took me a while to learn too!

      Delete
  8. I am in love with this manicure! As for the photoshop issue...I think I had the same problem a long while back. I don't know if this will work, but what happens when you draw the vector lines the usual way and then hit Escape? That used to help it reset or something and I was able to type normally. I hope this helps. If not, I hope you can figure it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Traci! I tried it and it makes the handles disappear... but so far it isn't helping to get the text to appear :(

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric