Pages

Pages

Tuesday 29 July 2014

OMD2 - 31DC - Animal Print (21st)


This is my first time stamping with my squishy stamper and I feel like the image didn't show up that well :( You can see especially on my middle finger that there are some patchy areas in the white. I'm definitely better at stamping with my hard red rubber konad stamper but then I guess I am really used to it. The squishy stamper is easier to align and feels much nicer to stamp on my nails. I broke my middle finger nail and it is holding on with a tea bag patch right now so there is no way I'm putting any pressure on it until it grows out!

Does anyone have any tips on using the squishy stamper? I've washed it with dish soap and gone over it with acetone several times to "prime" it and it's working better but still not picking up images as well as my hard red rubber konad. I also can't get it to pick up Sally Hansen Color Foil polishes AT ALL (these polishes work really well with the konad)... but at least now my squishy stamper is picking up creme finish polishes


Image is from Pueen 09 stamped with Sally Hansen Whirlwind White. I got the Color Club at Winners (a discount store in Canada) and unfortunately there was no label on it so I have no idea what the shade name is... but it sure is pretty!

Here are the other prompts if you're interested in joining! Even if you only manage to do a few prompts you could still win some awesome prizes! :) Full rules here


8 comments:

  1. If your squishy stamper is very shiny, it might help to buff it a tiny bit and then clean with acetone again :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! it is working better with cremes now! :) i haven't tried with my metallic polishes again yet though

      Delete
  2. Oh sorry about your nail! I'm sure it'll grow fast.

    Nice animal print, I like it and the colours :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thank you! that nail grows the slowest though :(

      Delete
  3. I have never stamped before so I can't give you any tips :/ I do love the design! I always love animal print :) And the Color Club base colour is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. your freehand skills are so good that you don't need to stamp! i always love animal print too! and I do love the Color Club... I just wish I knew it's name I've been getting so many compliments on it at work!

      Delete
  4. That aqua is beautiful! I love the white animal prints against the aqua... it's a little more subtle, but still really fun. :)

    ~ Yun

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Yun! it ended up more subtle than I was expecting but sometimes subtle stamping is nice too :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric