Pages

Pages

Monday 24 March 2014

Essie - Parka Perfect

Ugh I really don't want to go to work tomorrow. I can already tell I'm going to be tired tomorrow because I'm already up past my bedtime!  But I'm still going to stay up a bit later to finish this post! lol



I wasted so much time looking at this blogsale... I found 4 polishes that I really wanted for only $17 total... great deal right? Then I went to checkout and realized shipping to Vancouver Canada from Seattle USA is $19... is it really that far that it costs $19 to ship 4 little bottles of polish?!?!?!?! EOIRGJEOARIGJOEIJGOIEAJRGIOJAGOIJERAOIGHOEIRHGOAEIHRGHREOAIGEA I'm so annoyed. I decided not to order anything because the shipping was so expensive. I'm just feeling crushed now :( I really wanted those polishes!!! </rant>

Anyway onto today's swatch. Essie Parka Perfect is a pretty soft light blue/grey color. It has some light pink/blue shimmer that is visible in the bottle but is very hard to see on the nail. I think the shimmer serves more to add depth to the polish and keep it from looking too flat rather than actually being visible. In terms of formula Parka Perfect was a bit thinner and runnier than I personally prefer but it wasn't hard to control. It was also still very pigmented despite being a bit thin and was not streaky. I used 2 coats on most nails... a few needed 3. Some of my nails are just harder to polish due to weird ridges.

I love this color... It's so soft... perfect for winter/early spring. It really makes me think of rainy days spent inside relaxing and reading a book or something :)

What do you think of this color? Do you have any tips on how to save money on shipping costs?

Don't forget to check out the other Monday Blues!


8 comments:

  1. Its a pretty shade! I know what you mean about shipping costs. It didn't use to be so bad but then the states increased their shipping rates and now its super expensive :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks lisa! no wonder! i didn't remember it being very expensive from the states... i knew canada to canada is expensive but it used to actually be cheaper to get stuff from the states vs. canada

      Delete
  2. Pretty! I can't get enough of these grey-blues! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. me too! i'm kind of obsessed with them right now! i'm probably going to wear china glaze sea spray soon too :)

      Delete
  3. This polish is gorgeous! Love that we're kind of matching :D hehe. Gah that shipping was a lot! Sorry to hear that :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks Traci! we are kind of matching :) ya... i had to abandon my shopping cart :( i decided it just wasn't worth it

      Delete
  4. I swear shipping also breaks my heart :( Sometimes, it's more expensive than the products bought. Boo. Anyway, this shade looks beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ya... the shipping was $19 the 4 polishes were only $17 :'( thanks! It is a nice shade! Easily a new favorite! :)

      Delete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric