Pages

Pages

Thursday 17 October 2013

Busy Girl Nail Art Challenge - Pink / Breast Cancer Awareness Mani

Quick post again since I really should be studying for my midterm... Which is tomorrow... and I'm totally not ready! :( Hope everyone else is having a better week!

Here are my Pink Nails for the second week of the Busy Girl Nail Art Challenge

Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month and this mani is very pink I guess I can also count this mani for that as well :)





 This is OPI I Theodora You and Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow. I was originally going to do a jelly sandwich mani with these two polishes but I didn't like the way it turned out so I ended up putting on another coat of Boom Boom Pow to cover it up. I felt like sandwiched the glitters looked weird, like just light yellow pieces and not gold at all. It just didn't look the way I envisioned it in my head I guess. I Theodora You was more pigmented than I expected.

Here are the layers that I ended up doing in order:
2 coats of OPI I Theodora You
1 coat of DL Boom Boom Pow
1 coat of OPI I Theodora You
1 coat of DL Boom Boom Pow

This mani ended a bit thick for my liking but it wore surprisingly well. I love how soft and girly this looks. I also love that it's neutral and matches everything and is appropriate for any season.



Here you can see the sandwiched glitters better. What do you think of this mani? What do you think of the "sandwiched" pieces of glitter? 

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. thanks! sorry I haven't checked my comments in a while i've been really busy!

      Delete
  2. this combo is so girlish, delicate and cute! love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks! sorry I haven't checked my comments in a while i've been really busy!

      Delete
  3. Hi!
    You've asked about the OPI glitter- I'm quite sure it's not available on its own :(

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric