Pages

Pages

Wednesday 28 August 2013

Clear water marble over coral/pink gradient






For this mani I started with a gradient using Color Club In Theory and Endless. (Click here if you would like to see the gradient on it's own.) I then did a water marble over top using Sally Hansen Whirlwind White and China Glaze White Cap. White Cap is a beautiful clear polish with gold shimmer. The gradient shows through the areas with White Cap creating a nice design. (if you're confused I've posted a YouTube tutorial at the bottom)

This mani was inspired by manis by Lauren aka The Nail Pro and Corynn aka Mucking Fusser. Unfortunately mine didn't turn out as well as theirs but I will try again! I think using different polishes for the water marble might work better. The white didn't behave very well in the water (it's quick dry oops) and it also wasn't as opaque as I wanted... Which lead to this nail fail on my right hand...


I tried alternating 2 drops of white and 1 drop of the clear in order to make the white more opaque. It ended up just covering the entire nails in a kind of white wash... and there was a HUGE bubble on my index finger lol... my pinky turned out really well somehow though!

This is probably one of the most time consuming manis I've ever done but my left hand at least was worth the effort. It is a good design idea and I will definitely try it again sometime.

Here's a tutorial by professionaldq on YouTube... This is pretty much exactly what I did but with different colors... and I do my gradients a bit differently.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric