Pages

Pages

Saturday 22 June 2013

OPI Danke-Shiny Red + China Glaze Coconut Kiss gradient




OPI - Danke-Shiny Red (2 coats)
China Glaze - Coconut Kiss

This mani photographed a bit more orange than it was in real life, especially the first picture. In real life Danke-Shiny Red is a really pretty candy apple blue red, the intersection between the two is a kind of magenta color, and then the tips are a red toned purple. 

This mani was inspired by Chalkboard Nails' lilac to red gradient. I wanted to try a more bold gradient, and although the difference between the colors is not as obvious as Sarah's I'm still really loving the result! So much so that I'm actually considering wearing this mani again (I took it off because it was chipping and am giving my nails a breather overnight before I do them tomorrow... debating whether to do this design again tomorrow or something else)

I use a wedge shaped makeup sponge for my gradients and paint both colors directly onto the sponge, overlapping them slightly on the sponge. I then go over each nail several times, making sure to go back and forth with the sponge to further blend the colors. I learned this technique from Colette of SimpleLittlePleasures on YouTube. There are other methods but this is my personal favorite.

Here is a swatch of OPI Danke-Shiny Red on its own


Again it's slightly more orange toned in my pictures. The formula was really nice to work with. It has a jelly base with lots of glass fleck shimmer. It went on really evenly but I needed 2 coats because it was too sheer on the first coat. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric