Pages

Pages

Monday 14 January 2013

Swatch: Sephora + Pantone Universe - Evergreen




I bought this polish a while ago when I went to Vegas... back in October. It sat in my untrieds for the longest time. It looks really blah in the bottle and you can't see the gorgeous duochrome shift until it's on the nail. Usually it's the other way around where it looks gorgeous in the bottle and the duochrome isn't as obvious on the nail. Because of that I actually forgot why I bought it lol. Usually I'm not really a fan of green but I love the teal/blue shift this has! Unfortunately I found the shift wasn't that obvious in real life. It showed up well under the lamp that I use for my nail pictures but in other lighting wasn't as visible. I ended up doing a gradient over it and then trying out the black spotted technique... see that mani here

I used 2 coats for this swatch. The brush was shorter than normal and didn't hold much polish. I barely wiped off any polish from the brush and still had to re-dip into the bottle for each nail. I found that the polish kind of stuck to the nail rather than flowing nicely and I needed more polish than usual. Once I got that figured out though the polish didn't give me any problems. The brush was small and had good control. The polish felt a bit thin and flaky on the nail though, although this may have just been my topcoat or something? I used Mavala Barrier Base coat and Seche Vite top coat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric