Pages

Pages

Wednesday 2 January 2013

New Years Nails!


Happy New Year everyone! Sorry this post is super late! One of my New Years' resolutions is definitely to post more haha. Anyway you can follow me on instagram (lovestrucklacquer) for more frequent, up to date posts of my nails. It's just more convenient for me to post from my phone because then I can do it during my lunch break at work. Also the filters are useful when I can't get the lighting to work with my mani. I really need to fix my light box. I miss summer with its longer hours of sunshine!

The silver is 2 coats of Sally Hansen Celeb City topped with Essie Set in Stones from the Luxeffects collection. The gold is 2 coats of Revlon Gold Coin topped with Deborah Lippmann Boom Boom Pow! I was surprised how tinted the base of Boom Boom Pow! is. I thought it was just clear base but noticed that it changed the base color quite a bit in this mani. You can see some more silvery looking streaks on my nail if you look closely.



I also started using these 2 Mavala products so hopefully my nails will stop breaking/peeling! 

First impressions:
Scientifique has a very very light minty eucalyptus kind of smell. I was pleasantly surprised as I was expecting a strong chemical smell. Absorbs quite quickly, quite thin and watery.

Barrier base is extremely watery for a base coat. Goes on milky and dries clear. Accidentally put too much on because it is so watery and needs extremely thin coats. Brush is long and skinny and very accurate. Couldn't smell anything at arms length, no normal nail polish smell which is impressive.


It's only been a few days but my nails feel much better already! Even after I get out of the shower my nails are not bendy! Not sure if this is from the Scientifique or the Barrier Base since I started using both at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric