Pages

Pages

Friday 14 December 2012

"Your nails look like cupcakes!"



 2 coats Revlon Sheer Sugar + 1 dabbed coat of Claire's Love It glitter + 1 coat Revlon Sheer Sugar

Please click "read more" for more pictures and review.
Here are some more color accurate photos.



2 coats Revlon Sheer Sugar + 1 dabbed coat of Claire's Love It glitter + 1 coat Revlon Sheer Sugar

I was trying to go through all my dark untried "fall/winter colors  and especially after wearing Essie Dive Bar for 12 days (!!! I think that's my personal record... But I came down with the flu the day I was going to change it) I was really sick of dark colored nails and wanting something light. So here's what I wore after. I'm really behind on posting right now... Hopefully I will get caught up on posting my other manis soon!


I love the way these turned out! The glitters look like colorful little polka dots! Or as my coworker said "cupcakes!" This was inspired by Rebecca Likes Nails' swatch of Pirate Polish Sugar Cookies and Chalkboard Nails' jelly sandwich using OPI The Living Daylights and OPI Don't Touch My Tutu. I really wanted to emulate that sugar cookie look and I think I did a decent job. I love the base color  In the bottle it looks like a very light yellow and on the nail it is quite sheer. The first two pictures make the polish look more opaque and yellow than it is in real life. The third and fourth pictures are more color accurate but I posted the first 2 anyway because the glitter popped more. I like how it is the slightest bit yellow so it is not a stark white. It is like a very very light beige. It does resemble the color of sugar cookie dough. Love It consists of purple, blue, gold, and black glitter in a clear base. All glitter is medium sized hex glitter. For some reason in the first picture some of the purple glitter looks more pink, but in the third picture you can see that it is a similar shade to the rest of the purple glitter on that nail. I think maybe there wasn't as much Sheer Sugar over those pieces? Or maybe the lighting? I never noticed it in real life, I only noticed it when I uploaded pictures after I had removed the mani.

Some issues I had/notes:

I had issues getting the glitter in Love It off of the brush, but didn't have any trouble getting it out of the bottle onto the brush. It just seemed to stick to the brush for some reason. I accidentally took off some of the Sheer Sugar base when I was trying to dab on the glitter. I guess I was dabbing too hard and made the base coat patchy. I ended up putting 2 coats of Sheer Sugar on top of a few nails for this reason. I like the way these nails look as well, with the glitter more muted, but it was way too thick for my liking. (see right hand index and ring finger) I usually like my manis a bit thick but this was way too thick. For next time I would probably start layering the glitter after the first coat so 1 coat Sheer Sugar + 1 coat Love It + 1 coat Sheer Sugar + 1 coat Love It + 1 coat Sheer Sugar. I just wasn't expecting Sheer Sugar to build up so quickly since the first coat was so sheer.

I applied a coat of Seche Vite after applying Love It since it was getting quite thick at that point and I wanted to make sure it dried the whole way through.

 I finished with another 2 coats of Seche Vite. Originally I was only going to use 1 coat, but after about half an hour, I hit my right middle finger nail on something and the polish moved back. It just kind of wrinkled, exposing the tip. I was able to smooth it out with my finger although the wrinkling is still somewhat visible. It felt like a thick stiff dough. After that I applied another coat of Seche Vite to try to dry it and applied another coat to all my other nails as a precaution. The second coat of Seche Vite was not due to any bumpiness issues at all just drying concerns.

I used Essie's Grow Stronger as my base coat.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric