Pages

Pages

Saturday 15 September 2012

Leopard and Zebra stamping with OPI Fly over CG For Audrey



Base color: China Glaze - For Audrey (2 coats)
Stamping polish: OPI - Fly
Stamping plate: Konad m57
Top coat: Seche Vite, base coat: Essie - Grow Stronger

This manicure was inspired by this manicure from konoobi

My sister asked me to do her nails. I used OPI Fly as an accent and Essie Mint Candy Apple for the rest of the nails. I stamped zebra stripes on all nails. Fly is stamped with Mint Candy Apple and Mint Candy Apple with Fly. I think they turned out really sweet!

She used OPI Fly and Essie Mint Candy Apple. I wanted to do an accent nail with the colors reversed (light on dark instead of dark on light) but I don't have Mint Candy Apple and For Audrey wasn't opaque enough to show up nicely when used for stamping.

This is my first time doing more subtle tone on tone stamping and I really like it. I haven't been using my stamping plates much because I haven't had as much time as I would like for my manicures lately. But stamping was actually easier and faster than I remember it being somehow. Definitely more convenient than glitter anyway when you consider the removal! Time to try out some other polishes in my collection and see which ones work for stamping. Also maybe time to buy more stamping plates :)

I was originally going to do mostly zebra print nails and just do leopard as an accent nail, but ended up with bubbles/dents on a few of my nails so I used leopard print on those nails to hide the imperfections. There isn't any pattern to which ones ended up being zebra or leopard. I think the zebra print looks much better with this color scheme than the leopard print. At arm's length, I felt like the zebra was much easier to see than the leopard.

I'm really behind on posting right now so there will probably still be summery manicures in the fall... will try to catch up though!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please feel free to leave a comment! I love reading them :) Thanks for reading!

Design by | SweetElectric